Welcome to Rowan Class.
Our teacher is Mrs Holgate. Our teaching assistants are Mrs Jepson and Mrs Hosker.
We are a single year group of Year 6.
Our classroom is exciting and fast paced. We have lots to learn. We are encouraged to be independent, ready for the next step on our learning journey.
Year 6 have made a great start to the new academic year. In Literacy we have been focusing on 'The Lost Words' and creating different styles of poems.
In order for you to see what your child is learning in school and to support them in that, the following work will be sent home:
- Reading books should be brought home daily and the children should be reading each night. Please continue to hear your child read and write in their reading record book at least once each week.
- Guided Reading will be set every Tuesday and will usually be the next chapter of the book we are reading together in school. This will need to be read by the following Tuesday.
- Spellings are set every Friday and are tested the following Friday. The children are given a paper copy of their spellings each week and they can also be found on Google Classroom if the children misplace this.
- Each week the children will be set a piece of English and Maths on a Friday to support the work they are doing in school. These should take no longer than half an hour each to complete and should be returned completed by the following Wednesday. The English work will be a page from a grammar exercise book that children can write in and the Maths will be a sheet to complete.
- The children will write all their homework in their homework diary that they need to transport between school and home everyday. Please can parents sign this at the weekend to acknowledge they have seen the work set and know what they children need to complete by when.
If you have any questions about homework or any other aspect of your child’s education please get in touch via email at: